arielstidham

arielstidham

The Name of the Star
Maureen Johnson

Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking) (bk. 1)

The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness When you open up this book the first thing you notice is the language of this book. When I first looked at what the writing was I thought I would not be able to enjoy it because of the way it was written but a few pages into the book and you get every thing they are saying with out any real big issues.

Something I try to avoid is books with a pet in them like a dog. Manchee though was amazing to read about. His loyalty to Todd was amazing plus the fact that he could talk made me a tad bit disappointed in my own dog!

Viola and Todd's relationship (non romantic) is amazing it really does grow and evolve through out the book and is really amazing to watch unfold. One of the major problems I had with this book was Todd which sucks since he is the main character.

Todd was a very stubborn and just plain stupid character at many different points in the story. His pride showed at the randomness time ever and made me want to groan in frustration every time he did something stupid. It wasn't over small things that made me upset it was big things like the fact he can not read but wouldn't let anyone else read the paper he needed to read.

Viola on the other hand was very clever and wise through out the story. When ever Todd did something wrong and made me angry with him Viola always had something to say to him that made me go "Thank You".

The most annoying part of the book though is the reoccurring pop up of a character that seems to pop up at the most random of times. It kinda felt like the author got stuck in his plot so he decided to bring back this character any chance he could get.

Lastly the ending of this book was a huge cliff hanger. It was rather predictable but it was still pretty interesting. I think I would of been more upset about the cliff hanger if I I would of read the book back when it was first published since the next two books are at my library I wasn't really desperate to check out the new book.

I give this book a 3.5/5