arielstidham

arielstidham

The Name of the Star
Maureen Johnson

Beautiful Darkness (Beautiful Creatures, Book 2)

Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl This is the second book in the caster chronicles so if you haven't seen my Beautiful Creatures review or have not read the book than please do so before you read the rest of this post.

About a two weeks a go I posted a review for the first book in this series.

My problems I had in that book was the lag in the story line and the character Lena.

In this one I felt that there wasn't really any lag and even the over load of information from the first book was necessary for the plot line of this book and this series. A lot of the mysteries from the first book are solved as well as a whole bunch of new problems are brought out and new questions enter the story.

On to Lena. Hmm for Lena I really am indifferent I really don't love her or hate her. One second she does something stupid the next I feel for her. All and all I guess I have a love-hate relationship for her. Ethan on the other hand I really LOVE I love that his character is evolving and growing. While Lena kinda feels flat to me.

My favorite character for this book is Liv (just because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read the second book yet) Liv is a new character in the second book who becomes really important to the plot line. She is British and studying to be a Keeper. What book isn't awesome with a little British humor?

I really liked this book and plan to continue the series soon. I have the third book and will read it sometime soon. I hope the third book is just as awesome as this one if not even better.

My Rating 4.5/5